INVISTA is bring the latest adiponitrile (ADN) technology to China to satisfy the strong, local demand for the nylon 6,6 intermediate chemical. A minimum 300,000-ton ADN plant is underway at an estimated investment in excess of \$1.2 billion. The construction is targeted for 2020 and production would begin in 2022.
To support this INVISTA's largest capital project, INVISTA Shanghai is hiring a safety engineer for Day 1 readiness of this ADN project. What You Will Do In Your Role During Project:
During Normal Operation after Project:
- Engage with project team in perspective of firefighting, personal safety/process safety and IH/OH. Act as a gatekeeper to identify the gaps compare with standards of national/industry and Invista, provide recommendation during the stage of engineering design.
- Coordinate the interface between the project and the plant in safety management.
- Support to operation and maintenance procedures development, e.g. PPE selection, safety practices of line break, confine space entry, chemical handling etc.
- As Invista safety reps to conduct safety inspection during the construction phase.
- Develop and execute safety plan to cover the critical elements in project, e.g. safety training, emergency response, firefighting station, first aid etc.
- Provide safety training to Invista project team to enhance their safety awareness, knowledge, skill and comply with legal requirement.
- Maintain EHS VTA courses
- Set up and maintain Safety Work Permit System, include:
-safety work permit
-confined space entry
-hot work permit
-working at high permit/ Scaffold permit
-line breaking/ energy isolation/LOTO
-crane lifting permit
-radiation work permit
The Experience You Will BringRequirements:
- Conduct frequently work permit audit, highlight the findings to site leadership, tracking the corrective actions.
- Develop and maintain routine EHS inspection program and ensure findings identified are closed properly.
- Develop safety program (e.g. knife safety usage, hand protection, forklift safety etc.) to enhance safety culture.
- Responsible for hazardous chemical registration.
- Coordinate the application and maintaining of Hazardous Chemical Safety Production License.
- Prepare the regulatory required safety reports and submit to Emergency Management Bureau according to INVISTA compliance and GI process.
- Support other function teams to improve the safety performance.
What Will Put You Ahead
- In depth knowledge in safety & firefighting legislation, national standard and good practice within industry.
- Good knowledge in chemical process and operation.
- Ability to interact with first line people and each function team with good skill of influence other people, as well as driving capability.
- Good Interpersonal and communication skills
- Certificate of safety engineer(注册安全工程师)
- BS degree in chemical engineering or physics, safety engineering or equivalent with higher level degree is an advantage.
- At least 5 years EHS or operation related working experience in a chemical plant or oil refinery.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin both speaking and writing.